2017-18 Academic Catalog


Acceptable Forms of Payment: Cash (payments, accepted only in Account Services located in Garner Hall or Meridian Business Office), personal or corporate checks; money orders; cashier checks; credit cards; wire transfer; or local, state, University or federal financial aid (e.g., grants, loans, scholarships, waivers, VA or military assistance, etc.). Please provide the MSU ID number with all payments. If sending a payment via US Postal Service, please mail payment at least five (5) business days prior to due date.

Check Payments

The University will accept checks in payment of amounts due the University. The University reserves the right to defer payment on the balance of any check tendered in excess of the amount due the University until the check has had time to clear for payment through banking channels.

Checks offered to the University that are not honored by the bank on which it is drawn are considered non-payment and will result in the voiding of course schedule(s) and assessment of appropriate fees. The maximum penalty allowed by law will be charged for any check returned by your bank for any reason. The University expects that each debt created by a returned check will be promptly and fully corrected. Failure to respond to a notice concerning a returned check may result in legal action, the denial of readmission, and the withholding of records. The University reserves the right to refuse acceptance of checks presented by students who have had previously returned checks. In such cases payment must be made by cash, money order, certified bank check, or credit card.

QuikPay Service: Electronic Credit Card| Debit Card| E-check payments and Account Authorized Payers

  • The QuikPAY® service (myState portal, Banner, Personal Info, Make an Online Payment) allows students to make payments using a credit card or electronic check (e-check). Acceptable credit/debit cards are American Express, Discover, VISA,  & MasterCard1
  • Students may also authorize a payer(s) (usually a parent) to access their account information and make payments to their account. Students must initiate this process by logging into the MSU myState portal at www.msstate.edu and proceed to “Make An Online Payment”, then link to the QuikPAY® site by choosing “Authorize Payers” and following the easy instructions to create, modify, or delete an authorized payer. Once established, the authorized payer can access the account by going to https://quikpayasp.com/msstate/studentaccounts/authorized.do and initially re-setting his/her password and then proceeding to make payment or review the student’s account detail or statements.

Note: your card account will be assessed a 2.7% convenience fee in addition to the payment amount.

Wire Transfer – Please contact Account Services at (662) 325-2073 for wiring instructions.

Financial Aid or Scholarship Payments

Students who receive a scholarship or need-based financial aid from the University are expected to use their financial aid or scholarship award to complete payment of T&RF as well as other enrollment related charges assessed for the same term/semester that the financial aid award is issued. Per federal financial aid regulations, prior aid year outstanding charges cannot be paid with current aid year financial aid. The remaining balance of scholarship and financial aid funds are available to be used for other educational expenses within the same term/semester only after T&RF have been paid. Prior aid year credits cannot be applied to current aid year charges and thus should be refunded in the same term/semester they are received.

Employee Tuition Remission

For information regarding this program, please see Human Resources policy – HRM #60-225.

Senior Citizen Tuition Waivers

Legal residents of the State of Mississippi age 60 or older (senior citizens) may enroll tuition-free in a maximum of two (2) on-campus courses per semester (or combined summer term) at the Starkville or Meridian campuses or the Center for Distance Education (CDE). Refer to the Student Affairs policy – OP 91.179 for more information.

All Other University Sponsored Waivers – refer to Student Financial Aid, Section VIII